My Blog List

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jackals Game-Rained Out

Today, the Write on Sports crew was all ready and pumped to go to the Jackals vs. Skyhawks game at the Yogi Berra Stadium. We all know now that that was not the case today.

It all started out this morning before everyone entered the classroom. Gigantic dark thunder clouds filled the entire sky as we came in, but this did not put our hopes up! We entered the building and went to the classroom. Every morning, we all get the paper and we read the sports section to see what is new. I briefly looked at the weather forecast on the paper as I went to the sports section and it said that today will have a high chance of heavy rain. But that did not give my hopes up either!

A few minutes later, it was time to head to the Yogi Berra Stadium to watch the game. We all had to walk to the stadium and it was only drizzling outside. No one was bothered by it, so we just kept our hopes and excitement up!

"The Game Must Go On!" shouted Yvenson in a determined and fierce manner.

We finally reached the stadium and we took our seats under a large tent. We took a few minutes to interview the manager, the batting coach, and the 1st base coach. After that was done, we sat and waited until the game started. About 30 seconds later, it started to pour outside! I mean it was raining cats and dogs out there! My friend and I were hungry so we went to get our hotdog and chips. I never realized how much it was raining until I actually got out of the tent. It was almost like mission impossible just to get a hotdog and chips because it was raining so much! We finally made it back with us soaking wet and our food soaking wet. It was an amazing and yet unbelievable experience! O and I forgot to mention, THE GAME WAS CANCELLED!!! So we made it all the way there, just to be soaked. I think I speak for everyone when I say that this trip was a big disappointment. In the end, it was raining so hard that we had to take buses to get back to the classroom!

Overall, it was a spontaneous and soaking wet experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment